Saturday, August 10, 2013

Whew...

I'm certainly glad that we are headed home tomorrow.  I had forgotten how much drama certain parts of the family can cause and how annoying they can be.  It also reminds me of how thankful I am for my wonderful South Dakotan Husband!  I love my family, but some of them just need to figure out how to get their act together. On a brighter note: it was nice to see other members of our family.

On Thursday afternoon we spent a few hours with my Tia Shirley & Tio Jerry.  It is also great to have a chance to visit with them.  Maybe some day I will have chance to write about how it all came to be and how in some cases Facebook can be a blessing! 

Angi came by after work on Thursday night for a couple of hours.  Mom and I were discussing how she seems to have been the kid blessed with the gift of gab which come from my Dad.  After she left we all pretty much zonked out except for Mom.  She has a hard time sleeping some times.

Friday morning we met Angi at BK with her friend Tracey who is a hoot and a half.  She has really helped Angi find herself after her divorce.  It has been nice to watch Angi find herself again.  She lived so long without being able to be who she was that it really messed her up.  It's crazy how much has changed with her.  Looking back I can see God's hand at work from the moment Grandma passed away.  That was a rough ordeal, but it started something and watching things unfold from there has been nothing short of a miracle.

Friday afternoon we spent with Candy and the kids for a few hours and then we did a few things on our own and then went back to visit them again after Tim got of work.   That visit seemed to go okay until we found out later that Tim pitched a fit because Levi plans to move to SD once he turns 18.  If my brother would learn how to treat people then perhaps his kids might consider staying around.  The long and farther my brother drifts from God the more he becomes a control freak.  It's sad.  Sometimes I wish I could just shake some simple common sense into him.  He needs it sorely.

Today- we went to spend some more time with Candy and the kids this morning and then we met Angi and her boyfriend Jim for lunch.  My oldest nephew Lenyell and his girlfriend Mary also showed up.   It was good to see Lenyell,  It's the first time we have seen him in many years.  He seems like a good kid deep down.  He needs to find some focus.  He's gotten into some trouble lately and has a hearing in September.  I don't really judge him for it because I know that part of it is because he has an idiot of a father who is really just a big trouble maker and doesn't run with the best crowd of people. 

Later this evening we went back over to Tim and Candy for supper.  Things were fine with Candy and the kids, but you could tell that Tim wasn't exactly thrilled to have us there.  It is all so crazy and complicated, but I think we made a good point to him that we have never been there to cause trouble and that we are willing to not discuss some things (let's just say that my brother has some real moral issues that we can hate the issues,  but still love him) and for the most part we tried to be cautious of what we talked about because we never know what will set him off.

I guess that even though there were a few hiccups along the way with my brother that over all the trip was pretty pleasant.   We had intended to visit church tomorrow morning here, but the rescheduled the service for 2pm and we can't stick around that long because we have to be home early enough for me to get a little sleep because I have to work on Monday and we have a lot of other stuff going on during this coming week.

I guess I really should try to wrap this up because I need to get some sleep.  We have a long trip back.  It always seems longer going back home than it does coming here.  I think that is because we travel home during the day instead of traveling at night.

I may write again tomorrow, but I can't promise that. 

Until later!


1 comment:

  1. There's nothing like family drama! I'm so glad I haven't had to experience much of that. I'm glad you had a safe trip down there and back. :-)

    ReplyDelete