We have had our moments of "intense fellowship" and the melding together of two 25-year-olds each already well set into their own ways has been a bit of an adventure.
I understand better now than ever before the concept of being one flesh. I understand that it takes time, love, trust, and deep commitment for the combining of two people to be as one. There will be days when the process is painful, amusing, annoying, frustrating, comical, passionate, intense, challenging, and occasionally once in a great while highly uncomplicated.
Over the course of the last 3 years we have made some life changes. Some of them are pretty substantial in some ways. We decided it was time to buy our own home, we adopted another cat, and brought Sadie to live with us, we have been labeled Dave Ramsey snobs (I will forever chuckle at that description), and we have decided that it is time to break the family cycle of unhealthy eating and have chosen to change our health overall. (David is officially no longer required to take his blood pressure medicine!)
It's been a great ride. I was hoping to be able to surprise David with me expecting, but God had other plans. He's really bed. Reminding lately of the promise He's given me for little Simon. I had been feel really down upon turning 28 and still childless. My coworker asked me to poke my head our mech room door. I walk outside and see this rainbow (I couldn't get it all but there was a full rainbow and part of another one.)
I was struck instantly with the thought that God keeps his promises and I felt hope return to my heart and I knew that God used that rainbow to confirm to me that He hadn't forgotten his promise to us, but rather that he would give us more than we asked for. A few days later I found myself wrestling with my fear again and this time I found a card that someone stuck in a fire extinguisher case in one of the hallways and I have to admit that God can't get much plainer than the front of this card. Do I think I'm pregnant right now? No I don't, but that is okay because I know already know that every baby is a miracle and I know now more than ever before that someday soon God will bless us with a precious bundle of love because He has heard!


Happy anniversary!
ReplyDelete