Monday, January 6, 2014

Changes... again.

I know that I haven't updated in far to long.  Life keeps me busy and so many other things seem to take priority over updating my blog. 

I started my new job with Melany's Cleaning today.  I am still in awe of how this job came into my life.  I was literally turning an apartment when the owner of the man that cleaned the carpets referred me to Melany.  So I called her, I interviewed almost exactly one month ago and was offered the job on the spot.  I talked to David and we decided that this was the way we wanted to go.  I will immediately have a pay increase and have potential to make even more than I what I was making with my other job and when we do have a baby will be able to work part time if I decide to.  This was a large factor in me taking the position.  I didn't have that option at my old job.

Anyways, long story short I went the following week after my interview to meet with Melany so that we could establish a start date and to finish up some paper work and then we got to talking about random stuff and it ends up that Melany babysat David when she was 16 and David was pretty small.  She has known my husband's family for many years. We were both stunned and I still find myself dumbstruck with the whole thing.  I am leaving out some of the details, but the story is incredible and if I had any doubt about this not being the right thing for me/us to do then I knew in that instant that God was really working this to my/our benefit.

I wanted to at least touch base with this and hopefully be able to journal a bit more in the year of 2014, but I'm not counting my chickens before that hatch.  I will be working 50-53 hours a week and mix that with our church schedule then I will be pretty busy.

Anyways, David has our supper ready so I am going to go enjoy some time with my husband and try to get some rest.  I'm beat. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new job! I really hope it works out well for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete